Our 5-Ring Circus

Our 5-Ring Circus

Scooter, Quab and Bugs

Scooter, Quab and Bugs
Serving the Princesses since 2004

Tiana and Goose

Tiana and Goose
They really need all of those big brothers...

Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Bionic Finger! AND a Science Fair Brag!

Some kids will do anything to get an early release from school! Someday when/if I recover from watching the procedure, I'll tell you all about the Bionic Finger. Bugs has a newfound respect for the big, heavy doors at his school, as of Monday. I have watched two of my other children getting stitched and stapled, and have repaired countless minor but bloody injuries at home. This one was the first to make me sick to my stomach. I can assure you that I'm not losing my touch. It was just.that.gross. Bugs now has a Bionic FInger hidden under a mountain of bandages and splints and tape. If you suck up enough, you may get a ticket to the unveiling in a few weeks.

Immediately after Bugs being tortured and bandaged, we headed to BYU for the Central Utah Science and Engineering Fair. That's a mouthful! We set up his display and took a few special guests on the Grand Tour of the fair. Bugs won Third Place for his division at the CUSEF. Unfortunately, there is no farther to go in 5th grade. But Bugs is already planning his project for next year. He wants to be the kid from the small town who goes to the National fair and wins a scholarship. Like in October Sky but without the rockets, because his Mom won't let him play with explosives.

1 comment:

PLANET HANSEN said...

Your kid rocks!!!!
Congrats on the 3rd place!
:)