Our 5-Ring Circus

Our 5-Ring Circus

Scooter, Quab and Bugs

Scooter, Quab and Bugs
Serving the Princesses since 2004

Tiana and Goose

Tiana and Goose
They really need all of those big brothers...

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Customer Service? Who needs THAT?

Begin rant/
Let's say that a person (me) wires a large sum of money. This money is important and needs to be received by an organization that will be integral in the future of a little girl. MY little girl to be exact. So, the bank here in the US, with all of their computers and fax machines and telephones can take the money from our account the very same day that we request the wire. They can also help themselves to $40 just for the pleasure of wiring our money. They promise to send a confirmation as soon as the wire is completed. Confirmation never shows up. Do you suppose it is a coincidence that the money is now lost? Did it ever get sent in the first place? How about if I called the bank and was told "Well, the only thing we can really do is send a message to the receiving bank and see if they know anything." Seriously? When I asked when I could expect to hear news, I got "Well, that depends on them, we can only inquire." Okay, we don't have millions of dollars sitting in their fine financial insititution, or any instituation for that matter, but we have been members of this certain credit union almost as long as we have been married. Is it too much to ask for a little bit of effort?

How many Credit Union Customer Service employees does it take to change a light bulb? None! They don't change light bulbs. That might actually be helpful.
/End rant.

3 comments:

Steve and Narda said...

Can I say not cool.

the H family said...

You can say that and several other choice words.

FullPlateMom said...

Oh my gosh! You have my permission to write a panic attack post. This is the kind of thing that totally stresses me out! I'm going to pray for found money for you.
--Becky