Our 5-Ring Circus

Our 5-Ring Circus

Scooter, Quab and Bugs

Scooter, Quab and Bugs
Serving the Princesses since 2004

Tiana and Goose

Tiana and Goose
They really need all of those big brothers...

Monday, May 18, 2009

They have NO shame!

My littles were engaged in a full-fledged squirt gun war just about the second they stepped out of the car after school. We have not yet properly stocked our arsenal for the season, so they were scrambling to find decent weaponry for the opening battle. Being the excellent Mom that I am, I was digging through bins of summer gear and closets of sports equipment looking for the "big guns." When I finally found one, I handed it over to the Dawg, who proceeded to fill it and test its range by shooting at a tree. Maybe he has retained some of the water gun etiquette that I have been teaching every summer. I shed a single tear of pride. I came back inside to find the rest of the good stuff. When I dared venture back onto the battlefield, I was greeted by a very long, very cold stream of water down my back/front/side from the very child unto whom I had bestowed The Good Gun not 5 minutes before. I threw the rest of the weapons onto the grass and retreated, calling for a temporary cease-fire so that I could refill their water bucket. They all stopped squirting each other (and giggling at their dripping Mom) long enough for me to walk up to the nearly empty bucket. Then all four of my beautiful children, whom I love and serve day in and day out, unleashed a full aquatic assault on my person. They.have.NO.shame. The angelic expressions should have been a dead giveaway. They forget who has car keys and permission to go to W*l-M*rt loooong after they are sleeping peacefully in their cozy beds. I will have my revenge, and it will be dragon-shaped and hold ice cubes.

No comments: