Our 5-Ring Circus

Our 5-Ring Circus

Scooter, Quab and Bugs

Scooter, Quab and Bugs
Serving the Princesses since 2004

Tiana and Goose

Tiana and Goose
They really need all of those big brothers...

Monday, September 21, 2009

Tender Mercies

The weekend was filled with wonderful moments. To list just a few: I heard from a family who is making it possible for me to keep a promise made to a special little girl. I watched my oldest handle a major disappointment first like a boy and then like a young man. I saw my little cheerleader rope her brother into cheering with her at the game, and I suspect he enjoyed it. There was a great deal of laughter from the whole group. I got to teach ALL of my fantastic 10 year old friends in Primary, and again learned more than I taught. I have to give a "shout out" to the boys who sit behind us (they know who they are), for again looking out for their brother and acting like they didn't know what I was talking about when I thanked them. I saw a new gappy smile from my youngest son. As if he wasn't cute enough already.
I want to apologize for my rebellious attitude and foot-stomping and yes, prayer made all of the difference. Sometimes the blessings and the comfort are just waiting for us to be humble enough to ask for them. Often, we do not choose humility. Instead, we are beaten down by our trials until we accept it.

No comments: